When joining the Marine Club, we ask that all members are familiar with and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the club, as outlined below.
Marine Club Terms and Conditions
- The membership fee is paid on an annual basis.
- Membership is valid for 1 year and expires on the anniversary of your membership start date.
- All members and nominated drivers must hold an RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate (a copy of which must be provided for the office).
- All Marine Club members must complete a familiarisation session when they join the club. If you have completed your RYA Powerboat L2 course with RibRide or a local provider our instructor will be onboard with you for about an hour to ensure you are comfortable with the boat and navigating the Swellies. You will then have a couple of hours on your own to get used to the boat. This is charged at £220 for PAYG members and is included in Full membership.
- If you completed your RYA Powerboat course away from the Menai Strait, or more than 12 months prior to joining the club the instructor will spend the full 3 hours onboard with you. This will be charged at the higher fee of £310 for PAYG members and is included for full members.
- All memberships both (PAYG and FULL) are inclusive of reasonable fuel usage (up to £100 per half day rental/£150 per full day rental) and the use of watersports equipment including skis, wakeboard and towable inflatables.
- A killcord must be worn and attached to the driver at all times.
- All members must provide their own life jackets/buoyancy aids for themselves and everybody onboard, which must be worn at all times whilst afloat.
- Whilst on charter, the Marine Club member is responsible for all passengers onboard and their safety.
- The maximum number of people allowed onboard any Marine Club boat is 6 (including the driver).
- Nominated drivers may drive the boat whilst on charter, under the authority of the primary Marine Club member.
- Under no circumstances should the boat be left unattended at any time.
- No smoking is allowed on board at any time.
- The alcohol and drug use rules for control of a boat are the same as those for a car. We suggest you approach your day responsibly and do not drink at all.
- Members are liable to pay for any damage caused to the boat whilst on charter and under their care, up to a maximum of £1000.
- All Marine Club boats are restricted to operating in MCA category D waters.
- You must know and abide by the local maritime bye-laws.
- Any member seen in breach of any of the bye-laws or terms and conditions will receive a written warning.
- Membership may be cancelled without notice or refund where the boat is used for any activity deemed inappropriate, actually or potentially dangerous.
- All boats must be returned on time and all personal belongings and debris removed at the end of the charter. Late returns are charged at £75 per hour.
- In the event of a cancellation by a PAYG member;
- A full refund will be given if cancelled seven days or more in advance
- if the booking is cancelled between seven and one day in advance a refund will be given minus a £20 fee
- If cancelled on the day, all monies will be lost
- In the event of the Marine Club having to cancel a charter, a full refund will be issued.
Terms and conditions are subject to change. In this instance, members will be informed of any changes.